Beta

 Happy to say I am pretty much finished my game after another tweak or two. I got there eventually after come hiccups with my script but I feel like I got there in the end. I have to say this semester has been has been interesting and I'm glad I pushed myself to not give up with this game even though it was definitely challenging at times. 

My current tasks over the last week that I wanted to achieve with my game was the menu to pick a puzzle of your choosing. I debated for a while if I should give the option of the playing picking the puzzle they want or you just complete one click next puzzle and you've no choice in the matter. 

I feel giving the player a choice gives more of the relaxed feel that I personally wanted from the game. Im sure it's obvious from reading my posts that It's a game I think would be nice for a changed from against the clock kind of games.

Overall I really enjoyed this experience! I didn't get as much of the game done that I would of liked.There are other features I would of liked to of added such as music. I did attempt it but it didn't work out like I had planned so decided to scrap it. Perhaps in the future if I ever decide to give something like this a go again. 

Thanks For Reading!

Comments

  1. Hi Leslie, happy to see that you are done with your game, I know from personal experience that it can be very challenging, but you got there and that's what matters in the end. Your game looks really interesting and well developed, looks like a professional made game. I like the features you chose to include, i.e. letting the player choose the puzzle themselves, it lets the player see a difference in there puzzle skills as one may be simple, another maybe very hard, good idea. I understand what you mean by having to finish the game without including everything you wanted in it, it does be annoying when you have an idea for something and it can't be seen through exactly how you want it, though the features you did include will surely make an impact on any player who plays the game. Happy to see you all done your game and wish you luck in your other modules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissaa~

    Its me again hahaha this blog commenting need to be done so here I am! First of all, Congratulations on completing your game! I think that this semester overall has been very challenging for the rest of us students and it's a really good achievement for us to even complete all our tasks for this semester. I also think that letting the players to choose which one they want to play is a really good idea because it will make them feel more comfortable and relax while playing your game rather than building up the thrill every time they completed a level. I will also have to end my game without completing all the requirements that I created for my game as I can't get them to work in my game and I didn't have enough time to really focus on it.

    I hope that you're happy for completing your game and good luck for the rest of this semester!

    -Flosie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Mel’s Thoughts

Game Idea Research

Game Vision Statement