Game Vision Statement

My Project

 

Introduction:

 What is a puzzle? "puzzle is a game, problem, or toy that tests a person's ingenuity or knowledge. In a puzzle, the solver is expected to put pieces together in a logical way, in order to arrive at the correct or fun solution of the puzzle". Perfect the Puzzle is going to be a puzzle game that allows players to unscramble photos to get to the next level where the photos will get harder. You will be under the clock for those who like that competitive element. 


Description:

Once you start the game you will start off on the easiest level possible and the timer will give you 3 minutes to complete the puzzle. As the Levels progress you will get less time on the timer to complete the puzzle. If you fail the puzzle you will have the option to restart the puzzle again. Depending on the person playing and their reason for picking the game either for competitive reason or therapeutic they can progress to the different levels or go back to easier levels if they prefer. 


Key Features:
  • Memorizing complex patterns.  
  • Visualizing and manipulating photos and patterns.  

Genre:

Modern Puzzle Game. 


Concept Art:

When trying to think of concept art ideas and what I wanted my game to be I thought of simple ideas that are still fun and I feel i'm still sticking to what I wanted this game to be.



                                                             Photo credit: Puzzles
from the photo above you see a simple daisy and the objective is to move the squares until you get the image perfect of a daisy. This is relatively something i'd consider easy but under pressure with a timer will everyone find it easy? That's the aim of the game. 

Below I will leave a list of resourceful links I found which I feel will help a-lot with getting to where I want to with this game.

Comments

  1. Hi Melissa, Just after reading your Game Vision Statement and I like the way you first described what a puzzle which is relating to your upcoming game that is good. Its good you gave a little in site to your game to also providing a simple picture to give us a visual of the game. Everything here is well laid out and thats good. Best of luck designing this game of yours. :) -Tochi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this looks like a fun and relaxing game. I think that it will be enjoyed by many people, I myself like games like that, find them being a good distraction to give your brain a break and focus on something else. I like how you showed the example photo to give a better insight of what you want your game to be like and look. Are you going to use your own photos for this game? How many levels are you planning to make? I had a look at your links to the resources they look good and well explained to the point, I like the Youtube videos as I always find the videos easier to follow. Goodluck in your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa, that’s a neat idea of creating a game based on image puzzles. Have you thought about adding any music to the game? It’s a up to you but I think it will add that extra layer of enjoyment in the game. Depending on what option the player will pick, something catchy and fast paced can play for the competitive option which can add tension and place emphasis on the timer. Or for therapeutic you can have something more relaxing if you wanted to. Will the player get the option to choose what image they pick for the puzzle? Or will fate decide? Either way, I enjoyed your post. I liked how objective you kept your statement. Look forward to see how the game turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melissa! I am very interested in your game idea and really like the idea of the image puzzles. Are you going to use your own images to create the puzzles? I also think you should add some sort of music to your game. You have provided a lot of information and I can really see your vision for your game. Goodluck with the rest of your game making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melissa. Your game sounds cool and something I definitely didn't expect! Have you decided on your images beforehand or was it something you were going to work out as your progressed with the creation of the game? Are you going to have a theme? Flowers? Art? Nature? That could be fun. Will there be hints if someone is struggling? I assume you'll showcase the full image but maybe if someone hasn't had any success in 30 seconds then there could be a hint for one of the pieces? I'm excited to see how it's progressed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Mel’s Thoughts

Game Idea Research