Reading and Writing

 Over the last few weeks I have felt like this module has been challenging at times. It hasn't all been that simple where you just read and write. I feel you need to have some sort of understanding. With some of the readings over the last few weeks I have had to really take my time. I consider myself to be a pretty fast reader. I love to read. Throw a book in-front of me and if I really like it i'll have it finished in a night. These readings have obviously been different. I've never thought of myself as a gamer or wanting to learn things related to it but here I am finding myself learning and taking an interest. Well trying I can get distracted quite easily sometimes. Having the intro voice messages from shaun every week has been really helping with what he wants from us. The last 3 weeks doing the readings in a group has made it less time consuming and less stress so that's always a win. 

I honestly think my biggest accomplishment with this class is staying consistent (well might of fallen off the wagon a little over the last two weeks my bad) but the way this module has been laid out has just made it way more enjoyable to learn. I also learnt how to make a game. Me melissa who is not always the most tech savy. Sure i've wanted to throw my computer out the window with some of those unity tutorials but I stuck with it. I personally think that's some human growth right there. 



The above photo I used when I wrote my post about "What is a Game" by Ian Schreiber. In the article it discussed how not all game developers are the same. The outcome of the game will more than likely depend on the developer themselves and where they draw their inspiration from. This really made me think when deciding on what I wanted to do for a game. What did I like? What was I inspired by?

Going forward I honestly think with regards to the readings I enjoyed the group effort. I think it all felt less daunting on the fact I had a-lot of reading to do that day especially if your trying to make yourself read.The key is to defenitely stay consistent.

Thanks for Reading!




Comments

  1. Hey Melissa. I don't think you're the only one struggling to find an interest in games and I say that as a gamer who relates to what you said. Shaun's layout has made this extremely doable in all fairness and think it took some of the challenges away that other modules have presented. I love the image you picked, I think it sums up what we've learned from these readings which is there's methods to making a game but it doesn't mean we have to use them. It's good to keep your head in the clouds with these ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Mel’s Thoughts

Game Idea Research

Game Vision Statement