Project Alpha

 This game has been a great achievement and also the greatest pain.  I honestly think I would of been extremely lost without the youtube videos that I found to help me and also the unity tutorials. They have been a blessing. I wanted to give up some days I just couldn't seem to get the puzzles to assemble properly. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I went back over the tutorials and honestly gave up for a good two days. I think I spent 2 hours trying to figure out different ways to rectify it. Turns out it was a step I completely missed. Shows you that it's a good idea to take a short break from things and come back it gives you some perspective. 

I can imaging that gaming developers also have to do similar things. I can't imaging they get everything right the first time round. Obviously that's why it can take so long for games to come out. It has definitely been nice to see what it would be like. I remember there was an evening I had a nap and was literally having a dream about my game. I knew then I just needed to chill. I guess I've wanted to prove to myself I can do something if I put my mind to it. 

Like I said before I found some amazing tutorials and they gave also step by step ways in which to set up the game. It was exactly what I was looking for. 

(Screenshot)

Link to tutorials - https://codeplanstudio.com/tutorials/unity-tutorial/

Thanks for Reading!

Comments

  1. Hey Melissa,
    Hope your keeping well, firstly I wanna say your blog is very well done I can tell that you have put a lot of effort into your game from your blog posts. I must say your blog posts are extremely easy to follow along. I am curious what music you will have in the background of your game. I like how you explain how your feeling though the process it's something I haven't seen many people do and I can definitely say I share some of your feelings to creating a game. I hope your making good progress in your game and I can't wait to see the finale product.
    ~John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa, Just after reading that there and you have done so much since the last time I commented here its amazing. I myself have felt like giving up with the amount of mistakes and do overs I had come across. Looking at the screenshot provided the game is looking well I would love to give it a try when it is done. Best of Luck on the rest of it.
    -Tochi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mel, Your blog looks great (side note) back to the game. I agree I would be lost without the youtube and looking back on unity videos I'm getting very stressed over the game to haha. I also had the problem with the scripts and not knowing where I went wrong and then seeing that it is the smallest thing and felt like giving up a lot. Just wondering what your background is going to look like? Best of luck with the rest of your game I hope that it works out for you- Niamh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel, it's Aoibhe. Your blog looks fab. I really love the colours. From the looks of your game from the screenshots you provided your game looks really good. I'm the same I would have been lost without the tutorials. I think mistakes are just part of the process. Have you considered adding music to your game? I had never thought of using music until someone commented on my blog and I thought it would add to the feel of my game. I wish you my luck with completing your game and I look forward to seeing the final product. - Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Mel’s Thoughts

Game Idea Research

Game Vision Statement