Project "Game Brainstorm".

 


Game Idea 1

I wouldn't count myself as much of a gamer. During quarantine I did try out games I haven't in years like Rocket League and WWE. When starting off my research for game ideas i came across tips on 10 Strategies for Excellent Video Game Ideas. In this it talks about picking a genre in which you would like your game to be from. It got me thinking to when I was younger and how I loved puzzle games. I was obsessed I could easily spend hours putting pieces together and it was a way to also help with my anxiety. It kept me busy enough that I was focused on the task at hand it would distract me from my anxiety. My ideas with this are simple enough photos where you must put all the appropriate pieces together to have this stunning photo afterwards. I have in mind that there are different levels you start off on Level 1 with an easy puzzle that you've to put together and as the levels go on the puzzles get harder. Some levels could take loner time wise than others and once you've completed these levels a nice encouraging quote or fun fact pops up at the end. I was trying to think of ideas that would make me want to pick a game. I think this would be a light hearted game idea. Below is reference link for a page with a brief idea of what i was thinking just slightly less childish on Digipuzzle .


Game Idea 2

Another idea I thought of still going with the puzzle ideas is having a cluster of different objects and you must match them up below. It would just be a game which would make you focus on what was in-front of you. This was another idea that popped into my wind due to the fact that working from home now is very must so based on working from your laptop and this could be a good distraction away from work and those anxiety feelings that can sometimes be associated. A game that gave me this inspiration is Match 3D . It was basically that a game with random objects that you drag identical objects into a box. There is a timer where you must match up all the objects within a certain time to get to the next level. I thought of perhaps changing this to a college theme. Instead of just random objects have them college related.  I find with anxiety it can be down to not having a-lot of control at-least in my case. I feel perhaps having it college related and having the task of matching up college related objects would give some sense of control and accomplishment getting them all together in that moment. Giving you a different mindset once you then go back to your work at a later stage. 



                                                     Photo Credit:   Match 3D                             


Game Idea 3

I remember from one of the articles I read during the week for one of my reading tasks and it was about looking at everyday things for inspiration with game ideas. One thing that anybody seems to talk about at the moment and it's one thing we don't really have much control over. I remember during Quarantine there was a filter that was out of germs flying in the air. Here's a photo for reference.


                                                                Photo Credit: Covid Filter

I thought of a game where you see these germs through the camera of your phone and you are able to tap them to kill them. Some germs are worse than others where you must tap or spray in order to kill. It is also an interactive game where you must walk around in order to find some of the germs. Similar  to the Pokomon Go game in ways. I don't know how great i'd be with developing this idea in regards to my skills with this kind if thing. It's an interesting idea I think.


Game Idea 4

My final idea popped into my head after I started playing Sims. What's one of the things I like most about the Sim's. Building the houses. It might sound sad but it gives me such joy. There's something about organizing a house. Getting new bit's having your house look unbelievably over the top and not something you would ever have in real life. 


                                              Photo Credit:Awesome Build Fan houses

It's probably clear I'm more of a fan with games that are calming than full of action. I find my head get's too frazzled when there's a-lot of action in a game and I can never concentrate with it properly and it frustrates me. Even when thinking of this game I wanted it to be something I kew myself that i would enjoy playing. Thinking back to another article i reading during the week people who make games normally have some experience in that field as in it's something that they enjoy playing themselves. 


Hope you guys liked my post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Mel’s Thoughts

Game Idea Research

Game Vision Statement